Getting started with the new national systems
|This site replaces the former Compute Canada documentation site, and is now being managed by the Digital Research Alliance of Canada. |
Ce site remplace l'ancien site de documentation de Calcul Canada et est maintenant géré par l'Alliance de recherche numérique du Canada.
You can begin by consulting the Technical support page as well as viewing a series of short (5-10 minutes long) webinars covering the basics of how to use the new Compute Canada National Systems, Cedar and Graham.
The whole series can be accessed as a playlist on the Compute Canada youtube site:
Alternatively, individual mini-webinars can be accessed following the links below:
- Getting an account: shows you how easy it is to get an account with Compute Canada (slides).
- General info: general information about the national systems (slides).
- Software environment: Learn more about the software environment of the national systems (slides).
- File systems: Discover the ins and outs of the file systems on the national systems (slides).
- Managing jobs: Find out how to manage jobs on the national systems, including basic slurm commands (slides).
- Common mistakes to avoid: Save yourself time and discover the most common mistakes to avoid (slides).
- Accessing the environment: This short video will tell you everything you need to know about accessing the environment - from login to data transfer (slides).
Need more help? This link will show you how and where to get it.